Thursday, October 14, 2010

Futbol Americanos and Queen of the Prom

So yesterday I decided that I love football games. I only got to go to the last half because I was painting sets for the first part, but it was definitely awesome. We creamed Stansbury 42-7. It was pretty great. There's just something about the bright lights, the noise, the cold night air, and being crammed into the student section with your friends that makes for good entertainment. I don't always understand what's going on, but luckily I have pretty sweet friends who are willing to explain it all to me.

*these pics were taken at the Homecoming game, but they're all I have :)*




I would also like to announce to the world that I am QUEEN OF THE PROM!!! After the football game, I went to Steph Jensen's house and we played my new favorite game: The Barbie Board Game.
It was most definitely made in the 60's and it's basically hilarious. In order to win, you have to "go steady" with your boyfriend, buy a prom dress, and be the president of a school club. It teaches young girls great values, such as if you don't have a boyfriend, you must pay for your own ice cream sundae and if your boyfriend criticizes your haircut, you must run to the beauty salon and change yourself. It's pretty great stuff.
But never fear, I definitely won. I bought the cutest dress (the "Let's Dance!" dress), I was president of the coolest club (The Music Club) and I had the hottest boyfriend (the studly Ken) and then I was the first person to Prom.
Steph wore the Spotlight Solo dress, was president of the Drama Club and had the second cutest boyfriend, Bob. (Hayden refused to play because he doesn't like shopping for dresses or going on dates with boys. Go figure.) It was definitely a funny night. Glad my friends are super cool.

*pics supplied by Google - and yes that boy's name is Poindexter*

No comments:

Post a Comment