Monday, February 14, 2011

Day #16

Today, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'm going to blog about someone special. I don't really know him that well (or at all, if I'm being honest.) But he has most definitely influenced me. This boy, laides and gents, is the infamous Parker Lemon.

My crush began last year when we attended the same school and I was friends with his younger brother. It sort of grew to an obsession.....but that's another story.

Anyway, here's why I love Parker Lemon.

He's super super nice. He's always smiling. He's always making others feel included. He humors little sophomores who stalk him.

He's really cute. Not in a Taylor Lautner/Channing Tatum kind of way. More like a you-can-tell-he's-a-great-person-so-he-appears-to-be-super-attractive kind of way.

He has the voice of an angel. Last year, me and my friend Tyler {who you may remember from day #9} used to ditch Chemistry with our teacher's permission and go to Chamber Choir so we could listen to the boys we liked sing. One time the Chamber and Phoenix boys were singing the BEAUTIFUL song Bui-Doi from the musical Miss Saigon. Anyway, Parker had a solo in that song and that particular day, he looked right at me when he sang it. It was a life-changing experience.

Parker really has no idea who I am, but he's just such a good guy, that he still wrote in my yearbook because I asked him to.
Here's what he wrote:

"One thing that has impressed me every time I've seen you is your smile. You have a sincere, very pleasant look on your face eery time and it really brightens my day. Thank you for that :) -Parker Lemon"

SEE??!! He even wrote a personal message to someone he didn't know AT ALL!! He's perfect. Right now he's serving the Lord in Hartford, Connecticut. Good luck, Elder Lemon!


This is a picture of all my Parker Lemon memorabilia:

A valentine his little brother sent me today at school. In case you can't read his handwriting, it says "To: Emily 'Future Wife' Lemon. From: Parker Windfield Lemon". I know it's not really from him, but it made my day.

A pen he kicked in the hallway that I may or may not have picked up.

A little slip of paper that he wrote his name on that my friend may have found in his English class and given to me.

Parker Lemon, thank you for being such an incredible person.

2 comments:

  1. nobody knows that i am a secret spy... i follow you home careful to walk behind you...
    ha ha just a mindy g ref.

    love you emily! I made your dress with my teeth

    ReplyDelete