Sunday, August 26, 2012

So it's official. I'm at college.

I can't even believe how weird that is. I still feel like I'm just pretending, just playing at being a student here. But tomorrow I start classes. I can't even comprehend that yet. I'm going to college?

So far I have absolutely loved it. They sure do a lot here at BYU to make sure the freshmen feel loved :) From free food to t-shirts to karaoke to dances to tours to dating games, there's a ton going on.

I started off my BYU experience at a Foundations of Leadership conference that I loved. We spent almost all day every day taking classes and listening to lectures and having discussions all about being leaders and how our LDS faith can help with that. That probably sounds super boring, that I really had a good time and I'm sure it was the absolute best decision I could have made to start off my college years.

The next few days were filled with New Student Orientation. I ditched my group and went along with my sister Melissa and her roommate Brianna who were Y Group leaders. It was great! I finally feel like I sorta kinda know my way around campus, and I definitely had a lot of questions answered.

Today was my first day in my student ward - YSA 128. I met lots of people and I can't wait to get really involved.

That's the thing about BYU. It really does make me want to be the best person I can be. I know that sounds absolutely crazy and disgustingly cheesy, but it's actually really true. There are so many service opportunities here. Everyone is incredibly friendly. I'm surrounded by unbelievable examples.
BYU really does make me want to study harder, serve more, be a better friend, and really make a difference in this world.

Isn't that what college is all about? It should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment