Thursday, November 11, 2010

This is me.



Last night, my sister Amy came to my play. Afterwards, she met Jake. She then proceeded to tell me that she had viewed our dance pictures and told us that we were the nerdiest kids she'd ever seen. Like, way nerdy. The nerdiest nerds she'd ever seen. She definitely stressed the nerdiness.

She mixed up me and Melissa.
Melissa and Dan went as nerds. Me and Jake went as 50s teens.
Needless to say, it was awkward all around.

This got me thinking. . . what is a nerd?

WELL. Let me tell you.
NERD: a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.

Gee, thanks Amy.

You can imagine my righteous indignation upon being told (repeatedly might I add) that me and my date were the nerdiest nerds to ever nerd. But then I came across this picture.

Um, yes. I am a nerd. But somehow Jake puts up with me anyway :)

BTW: a synonym for nerd is DOOBNER, yet this is a term of endearment. So, let's try to dispel this awkward view of nerds the world seems to have, one Doobner at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment