Monday, August 16, 2010

The Prodigal Daughter Returns. . . to blogging.

Hey, remember me? I used to blog on here? Well, at the beginning of summer, I decided that I was going to stop blogging because I was no longer being graded on my blog posts. Well, I sort of miss it. Kinda. A little. So I'm back!! School starts in a week, so I have to hurry up and get caught up before the mayhem of junior year begins. My summer was so completely awesome! Here it is in a nutshell :) Let's see if I can do it in two minutes or less. . . well, actually that depends on how fast you read. . . so read quick! No, I can see how that's not going to work. I guess I'll just have to blog every day before summer ends about each of the most important sunny season events.

Summer started off with an AMAZING trip to Washington D.C.!! I had a blast! I got to visit all of the major sites and we even took a day to visit Colonial Williamsburg. My favorite things were: The Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space, The Newseum, the bus rides, and especially the Holocaust Memorial Museum. It was especially cool, because there we met Martin Weiss, a Holocaust survivor. He was just there in the silent room for the anniversary of his little sister's death and agreed to speak to our group. He was the fourth of nine children, and out of his family of eleven, only he and his older brother survived. It was incredible. I also really loved the FDR memorial because Eleanor Roosevelt is definitely one of my heroes. She was an incredible woman. My trip to D.C. was filled with wonderful women. I got to learn about so many of my heroes: Eleanor Roosevelt, Amelia Earheart, Nellie Bly, Sakakawea, Helen Keller (that's for you Ames), Anne Frank, and so many more. I am totally grateful for the opportunity I had to go.














Those are just a few of the wonderful memories and friends that I made! I also got to speak at a fundraising gala for the organization who sent us. It was this super nice dinner and I had a blast goofing off with my sisters, especially when Melissa burped and Amy freaked over the corvette we saw. Wouldn't trade 'em for the world!! D.C. was great and I will NEVER forget it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment