Friday, August 20, 2010

Especially For Me!

This summer I got to go to EFY!!! It was a completely amazing experience. I went to Utah State with my friend Chandler and we had a blast! We had a completely awesome group and counselor and company! EFY changed me completely and was definitely the best week of my life. Me and Chandler got really close to two other girls in our group, Caitlyn from Wisconsin and Roxanne from Alaska. They are total sweethearts and I love them! Roxanne was super goofy and completely hilarious and made it so I was ALWAYS laughing. Caitlyn is so compassionate and genuine and has the strongest testimony I have ever seen. She makes me want to be a better person. I kind of think that the reason I went to this particular EFY is because Heavenly Father knew that I needed to meet Caitlyn and learn from her. She is my hero!!

Anyway, me, Chandler, Caitlyn, and Roxanne spent all our time together and had a total blast! Some guys from our company even nicknamed us the Fantastic Four because we were always together. We also spent a lot of time with these guys named Glenn, Tom, and Tyler (Tyler is the cute one who looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt :]). It was really inspiring to spend time around teenagers who believe like I do, who love the Savior, and who want to be children that our Heavenly Father can be proud of.

My counselor's name was Natalie and she was completely awesome. She was really funny and made me feel right at home so I wasn't homesick at all. She also really showed me how much I know about the truthfulness of the gospel, even if I sometimes doubt it. I want to be just like her when I grow up! She's funny and beautiful and honest and completely awesome!

Our guy's counselor was Ed, and we won't even go there. Let's just say he was quirky. Really really quirky.

I loved going to the classes at EFY and there was this one teacher named Stephan Taeger who I really really liked. He knew exactly how to explain the principles so I understood them. He was really humble and powerful, and it was incredible listening to his obvious passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The dances were also really fun!! Roxanne is the coolest kid I know, and she was always dancing crazy, so I wasn't afraid to bust a move :) During one dance, Roxanne stepped on my shoe and it broke so I had to back to the dorms to change shoes. When I got back, Roxanne was just interpretive dancing everywhere and it was so hilarious. I joined in, and ended up accidentally smacking a medical counselor in the face. So that ended my career as a world famous interpretive dancer. . .

But EFY was definitely a memorable and cherished week. I will never forget the people I met and the spirit I felt. Most importantly, I will never forget the love I felt from my Father in Heaven and the person He showed me that I can be. I love Him so much and I'm so glad He gave me this wonderful opportunity!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment