Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just thought you'd probably want to know

That I am now a rugby expert. No big deal. Wait, scratch that. BIG DEAL.

We're talking about the girl who struggled with the basic concept of football for roughly sixteen years. The girl who is happy if she can identify which direction soccer and lacrosse players are going. I pick the team I root for by the color of their jerseys. I still have NO idea what the deal is with tennis scoring.

Yes, this athletically challenged girl (in practice as well as in understanding) has mastered the concepts behind the manly sport of rugby! I don't like to use the word "guru" but. . .

Okay, so mastered may not be the word I'm searching for. But I'm starting to understand it! A few of my friends recently joined a team, so yesterday a pal of mine explained the basic rules using a Sports Illustrated magazine, drumsticks, and his knuckles :)

So give me a number (1 - 15) and I'll tell you what position they play! (But of course I, Rugby Guru, know that a full team requires 23 players). Or I could tell you all about scrums and rucks and lineups. Or the 22 or the tryline.
Once again, no big deal. Or, more accurately, big deal.

So, game day is quickly approaching! This Saturday, Braves Rugby will go head to head with an All-Poly team (GULP.) Keeping my fingers crossed that no one gets hurt!! But in any case, I'll probably end up watching Saturday's game through my fingers like a little kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment